Our mission is to inspire a lifelong passion for learning and to empower students to achieve academic excellence through an arts-based education.
Exploration abounds and students develop a love of learning
Texas School of the Arts (TeSA) provides a structured and innovative program for the educational and artistic development of children in grades kindergarten through 6th. TeSA students thrive in a safe, supportive, and challenging environment that is unique and specialized to meet the needs of any student desiring an academically stimulating education with a strong fine arts basis.
Creativity is encouraged and young minds are opened
At TeSA, we understand the tremendous impact an early fine arts education has on the developmental growth of every child. Shown to help level the "learning field" across socio-economic backgrounds, early exposure to the arts strengthens problem-solving and critical-thinking skills, adding to overall academic achievement and school success1.
- Enrollment: approximately 300 students in grades kindergarten through 6th.
- 32 highly qualified teachers hold degrees from UT, UTA, UTD, OU, SMU, TCU, Texas A&M, UCLA and more.
- A student-teacher ratio of 18:1.
- Fine arts education includes Dance, Music, Theater and Visual Arts.
- Academics align to, and exceed, Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS) standards.