As early as kindergarten, visual arts students at TeSA begin cultivating knowledge and skills. We start with the Texas state curriculum and expand upon basic principles with hands-on experiences. Students are introduced to various artistic media, begin learning about the history of art, and study artists representing many different movements and styles of composition.
TeSA goes above and beyond to inspire their love of art
- A state-of-the-art kiln for firing pottery.
- Classroom visits by local artists.
- Field trips to museums and galleries.
- Collaboration with theater and dance productions for scenery design.
- Students begin creating a portfolio of their work in 6th grade.
Robin Brown is the visual arts instructor at TeSA and holds the Bachelor of Fine Arts from Southern Methodist University.